Enya is in the house!

Yesterday afternoon I went and picked up Enya from her owners. She lives with a ridgeback male and it is a bit of hard work for her owners to keep an eye on them now when she is starting to smell good.
Today Enya is on day 9 of her heat and still no signs on her coming into the peak. I will most likely take the first bloodtest on Thursday or Friday so we have a value  before the weekend so we can compare with that next week.
Me (and Marit at Kangelani) have decided to do an AI (insemination) instead of natural mating. There are a few reasons to this, for example that there is a 1000 km drive one way, all dogs passing the border to Norway need to go to the vet for deworming, which for me doesn't mean  only Enya but all my dogs that would come along, and also Marit has two bitches that is expected to give birth to their puppies around next week and weekend. 
So we will have chilled semen shipped to Stockholm and do an AI at Canirep by Catharina Linde Forsberg.
Hopefully this will work well! And depending on what the first progesteronetest says by the end of this week, we will know more of when it might be time for the AI. But I am thinking and hoping for the end of next week, if she rises in progesterone like her mother.
Today we have enjoyed a couple of walks in the woods. Enya is so relaxed in my pack and they with her, which feels great. I think they will work well together when they puppies has arrived aswell!
Next update on Enya coming by the end of the week!

Kommentera gärna:

Latest entries

Old entries